It seems that the thing to do here is buy crappy bootleg movies from teenage boys in the souq. Unfortunately, sometimes they're just in French, not English. This is especially the case with the newest ones (we were disappointed on popping in Kung-fu Panda, The Happening, and Saw IV...although I'm not sure that we missed out on much...) - bad French dub-jobs that are literally filmed on home video recorders in the theater (you can hear people laughing and breathing in the audience!). They keep the cameras miraculously still, though - still not sure how it's done. Superbad (which is really funny, it turns out) was even in Russian, but we figured out how to get the English version to play. That was well worth the 10dh ($1.40).
Ignoring the advice of a friend, I jumped the gun on the Dark Knight, the new batman movie, and now I have a copy with stupid French dubbing. No original versions out in the medina yet, unfortunately. I was told that I should wait to get the theater effect; I guess I got what was coming to me for being impatient.
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment